Silk is a very fragile material and everything made with silk needs to much care and consideration. Likewise, the rug made by silk fabric can be ruined very easily so it is important to be extra conscious while dealing with it. Composed primarily of fibroin, silk is one of the strongest natural fibers, but it loses up to 20 percent of its strength when it gets wet. The shining of the silk gave a shimmering look to the rug and best for theme houses. This rug can be destroyed very easily with hot water, hard chemical soap, and heavy sunlight so it is best to leave the cleaning of these rugs to companies which are providing professional carpet cleaning Services.
Mostly people go for these services once or twice a year and rugs cannot be left dirty for that long, they do need basic cleaning at home too so that here are some tips for people who want to keep their rugs clean, hygienic and long lasting.
- Remove the dust and dirt from the rug regularly and for that, a good vacuuming machine is the best option. You can also use a soft brush if the machine is not available but keep in mind that silk can be ruined with powerful cleaning so keep the pressure on the brush light.
- You can also use a broom to sweep the rugs.
- Silk rugs do not have heavy weight so you can also shake them to remove the dust.
- Remove the spills from the rug immediately before it leaves any stain on the fabric. Removing stain from silk is almost impossible.
- Use a soft cloth or towel to remove any kind of spill but do not rub it strongly, use a gentle hand.
- You can use club soda on the cloth to remove the stain from the rug.
- Do not use hard chemical soaps on silk.
For professional cleaning for rugs and carpets, you can contact to carpet-cleaning-ottawa.ca. They people are famous for their services and the care they give to the rugs and carpets.